SageOne Investment Managers is one of the respectable investment management firm in India. Sage stands for Sustainable, Accountable, Growth and Efficient businesses. Sage one portfolio management approach is to invest in high growth businesses owned by clean and competent management, companies that have build sustainable competitive advantage. Sage one was incepted by Mr. Samit Vartak with the sole objective to build serious wealth for their clients (UHNIs, family offices etc.) Sage One investments follow a primary focus of superior businesses and is not too much focused on its price.
The investment objective of SageOne Flagship Growth 2 Fund Category III AIF – Scheme II is to build and maintain a portfolio in high conviction growth ideas available at prices at or below fair value.
SageOne AIF targets this objective by looking at high growth businesses with a long-term competitive advantage that have a clean and competent management, sustainable competitive advantage.
Proven Track Record
• Maximising risk-adjusted returns for Alpha generation
• Consistent track record of identifying multibaggers
• Timely exits
Experienced Investment Team
• 70+ cumulative years of relationships across industries and supply chains verifications
• Understanding of emerging economic trends, businesses and their competitiveness
• Strong network enabling robust ground checks
Robust Investment Process
• Bottom-up research
• Scientific screening process for filtering right stocks & sectors
• Quantitative & qualitative thorough research
Disciplined Risk Management
• Focus on downside volatility
• Holistic checks on macro and micro factors that affect operations of the businesses
• Detailed Analysis of Company Fundamentals
The investment philosophy of SageOne Flagship Growth 2 Fund Category III AIF – Scheme II is as follows:
• Businesses that offer minimum 20% compounded earnings growth at individual level and 25% at the portfolio level
• Businesses that gain market share which contributes significant portion of their earnings growth
• Businesses that are strong and profitable with ROE > 20% to fund this growth internally
• Businesses with incremental ROE that is higher than existing ROE and which generally result in increasing margins and valuation multiples
• Most efficient players in industries – leaders or expected to be leaders due to their superior strategy and positioning
SageOne Small & Micro Cap (SSP) PMS is portfolio construction of 12 to 20 companies from 400th to 1200th company as per market cap.
SageOne Small Cap Portfolio (SSP) PMS follows a bottom-up approach and are not sector agnostic, which means they carefully select companies based on their individual merits rather than investing broadly across sectors. To manage risk, they have a cap on exposure per sector, aiming to avoid overconcentration.
Sage One Small Cap PMS or SSP is focused on capturing the upside potential while also aiming to protect against downside risks. They have a three-year view on investments but are not hesitant to make adjustments in their holdings if the performance does not align with their growth story, even if it’s within a few months or quarters.
Interestingly, the fund management team at SageOne Investment Advisors prefers not to regularly engage with promoters as it could introduce bias in their decision-making process. Instead, they maintain communication with other stakeholders such as suppliers and clients to gain a broader perspective on the companies they invest in.
When it comes to performance, SSP closely tracks the index on the downside, aiming to limit losses. However, they aim to generate alpha on the upside by selecting portfolio companies based on strong earnings and valuation multiples, aiming to identify promising small-cap companies with growth potential while managing risk effectively.
SageOne believes in an in-depth, fundamental bottom-up research into companies and emerging trends; to identify and invest in companies with long-term structural growth, high profitability & quality management.
• 20% + compounded earnings growth
• Market share gains
• ROCE & ROE > 20%
• High Cash Flow from Operations
• Sustainable margins
• Low leverage
• Better ROCE on incremental capital expenditure
• Favorable ESG incorporation
Prudent Stock Selection
• Financial & Business Analysis
• Internal Forensic Model
Sectoral & Stock Limits
• Maximum 25% exposure to one sector
• Maximum 20% exposure to one business group
• Strengthen winners, cut out losers
• Active calls on portfolio liquidity levels
• Channel checks across portfolio companies & competition
• Active entry & exit, based on valuations & business dynamics
• In 2023, Sage One Small Cap Portfolio (SSP) was awarded Rank #1 as the Best PMS in the Mid & Small Cap Category, on a 3Y Risk-Adjusted Returns. These Awards were hosted by PMS AIF WORLD, in association with IIM-Ahmedabad.
• In 2022, Sage One Core Portfolio (SCP) was awarded Rank #1 as the Best PMS in the Mid & Small Cap Category, on a 3Y Risk-Adjusted Returns. These Awards were hosted by PMS AIF WORLD, in association with IIM-Ahmedabad.
• In 2022, Sage One Small & Micro Cap Portfolio was awarded the Winner in the Best PMS in the Mid & Small Cap Category, on a 2Y Risk-Adjusted Returns. These Awards were hosted by PMS AIF WORLD, in association with IIM-Ahmedabad.
• In 2021, Sage One Core Portfolio (SCP) was awarded Rank #3 as the Best PMS in the Mid & Small Cap Category, on a 3Y Risk-Adjusted Returns. These Awards were hosted by PMS AIF WORLD, in association with IIM-Ahmedabad.
• In 2021, Sage One Small Cap Portfolio (SSP) was awarded the winner in the Best Newcomer PMS Category, on 1Y of Absolute Returns. These Awards were hosted by PMS AIF WORLD, in association with IIM-Ahmedabad.
Stay informed with our latest updates. Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive content, news, and valuable insights.