Portfolio Type: Portfolio is a mix of value opportunities and special situations.
Inception Date: 19 Sep 2017
Number of Stocks: 24
Fund Manager Name: Anshul Saigal
Fund Manager Experience: Total Exp – 13 years, With Kotak – 8 Years
Fund Manager Qualification: MBA (Finance) from Management Development Institute, Gurgaon and an Engineer (Industrial Engineering) from SIT, Tumkur.
Investment Objective: To aim long term wealth creation by investing in two kinds of opportunities:
1) Corporate events that may lead to value unlocking. For
2) Stocks which are trading at a discount to intrinsic value
1) Large market opportunity: Market size should be at least 2x company of current sales. Growing at 1.5x of India’s GDP
2) Businesses with robust competitive advantages: Strong brands, High Switching costs, Network economics, Low cost advantages or Innovative products.
3) Strong Financials and Earnings Growth: Low debt companies; portfolio debt to equity is under 0.5x. Companies with earnings growth and margins higher than their peers.
4) Management Dynamism and Good Corporate Governance: Companies with passionate and transparent management. Asset turns and working capital turns at industry levels or trending there.
5) Fair Valuations: Businesses at fair valuations, where future earnings growth is not priced in.